|Company Name||SATELIGHT Inc.|
【Headquarters】1-2-1 Asagaya Kita, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 166-0001 Japan
Representative Director Michiaki Sato
Director Shintaro Shibuya
Director(Newly-appointed) Takaya Maekawa
Director(Newly-appointed) Ge Yangqian
Director(Newly-appointed) Xu Dongyuan
Auditor Mikio Yamami
|Special Adviser||Shoji Kawamori|
|Number of employees||108 *as of April 2020|
|Purpose of Business||Producing animations and operating its related business|
King Records Co., Ltd.
Sotsu Co., Ltd.
Nippon Television Network Corporation
Bandai Co., Ltd.
Bandai Visual Co., Ltd.
Namco Bandai Games Inc.
Pony Canyon Inc.
Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc.
- December Founded in Sapporo, Hokkaido.
- April Produced the world’s first fully digital TV series animation “Bit the Cupid”.
- June Accredited by the “Specific new business law” enforced by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI).
- April Founded a production studio in Tokyo (Narita Higashi, Suginami-ku).
- January Announced an original animation “Earth Girl Arjuna”.
- April Announced an original animation “Gene Shaft”.
- September Became independent from B.U.G., Inc.
- October Announced an original animation “Heat Guy J”.
- July Founded an office in Tokyo (Narita Higashi, Suginami-ku).
- March “Macross Zero” received the outstanding award in the Original Video section of the Tokyo Anime Award at the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2004.
- April Moved its Tokyo office and studios to Asagaya Minami, Suginami-ku, Tokyo.
- August Founded an editing studio in Tokyo (Narita Higashi, Suginami-ku).
- April Announced an original animation “Genesis of Aquarion”.
- October Announced an original animation “Noein:to your other self”.
- August Relocated the head office from Hokkaido to Tokyo (Asagaya Minami, Suginami-ku), and formed a capital alliance with SANKYO CO., Ltd in order to strengthen the company’s financial and business position. Joined the SANKYO Group.
- April Announced an original animation “Kissdum R – ENGAGE planet -“.
- October “Macross Frontier” received the Contents Production Staff Award in the 23rd Digital Contents Grand Prix.
- March “Macross Frontier” received an award of best TV animation at the 8th Tokyo Anime Award held at Tokyo International Anime Fair.
- April Announced an original animation “Basquash”
- July “Macross Frontier” received the Best Media Award in the 40th Seiun Award (Japanese Science Fiction Award).
- October Announced an original animation “CHANGE ZOORORING Zoo”.
- October Announced an original animation “KIDDY GiRL-AND”.
- July “Macross Frontier the movie -Wings of Good-bye-” received the Theatrical Film Award in the 16th Animation Kobe Awards.
- August “KANADE Dance” was selected to premier at Computer Animation Festival at Siggraph Asia 2010 (Seoul, Korea).
- November “Listen to our song! Superdimentional Divas Live!” was selected to premiere at Computer Animation Festival at Siggraph 2011 (Vancouver, Canada).
- January Announced an original animation “Aquarion EVOL”.
- April Announced an original animation “AKB0048”.
- March Announced “Nobunaga the Fool”, the first title of the multidimensional project “The Fool”.
- July “Bodacious Space Pirates” received the Best Media Award in the 44th Seiun Award.
- October Shoji Kawamori received the Special Award in the 18th Animation Kobe Award.
- December “AKB0048 next stage” was selected as one of the Jury Selections in the Animation division in the 17th Japan Media Arts Festival.
- January Announced an original animation “Nobunaga the Fool”.
- July Announced the Aquarion 10th Anniversary Project “Aquarion Logos”.
- July Announced “One Summer Aquarion”, the second title of the multidimensional project “The Fool”.
- April Announced an original animation “Macross Delta”.
- July Announced Shoji Kawamori new project “THE NEXT” at Anime Expo 2016 in Los Angeles.
- October Announced an original animation “LAST HOPE” (originally announced as Shoji Kawamori new project “THE NEXT”).
- February Released “Macross Delta the movie: Gekijou no Walkūre”.
- April Broadcasting and international streaming of an original animation “LAST HOPE” began.
- May 40th Anniversary Exhibition of Professional Debut “Shoji Kawamori EXPO” was held in 2019
- July Dissolution of capital alliance with SANKYO CO.,LTD.
- October Capital and business alliance with NetEase
- November Headquarters and Production studio moved to Asagaya Kita, Suginami-ku.